Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilization and storytelling to help the leading organizations, businesses, activists, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy and powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action and creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Project Manager at Purpose, you will own all of the operational aspects of successfully delivering a project to our clients/partners. Working jointly with the Project Lead(s) to drive the content of the work, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our projects. You will be coordinating and communicating up, down, and across Purpose and with our clients to ensure that teams meet deadlines and fulfill a project’s scope of work while keeping Purpose accountable and disciplined internally.
You will report to Purpose’s Director of Project Management, based in Purpose's New York office. Candidates who can begin immediately strongly encouraged to apply.
Project Management - As a Project Manager, you will manage the day-to-day operational aspects of our projects. Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Create and maintain detailed timelines /workplans for all project deliverables and key milestones; hold project delivery teams (Strategy, Campaigns and/or Creative) accountable to project plans
- Track project budget finances and staff hours consistently and accurately based on time management system (10,000FT)
- Closely work with Resource & Operations Manager to confirm staffing plans and allocations; gather critical information to inform freelancer and vendor contracts
- Manage and communicate with client stakeholders and Purpose teams. Set expectations, align stakeholders and teams, identify roadblocks and escalate as needed.
- Deliver project status meetings and updates to internal teams and clients jointly with the Project Lead(s).
- Facilitate project kickoffs, mid-point check ins, and project close meetings with internal teams and clients.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for any and all tactical or operational questions about the project within Purpose or from clients
- Capture feedback during the project to improve processes and make client delivery more efficient/effective with Director of Project Management; lead post project assessments to identify and capture recommendations for future projects
- Closely organize and maintain project materials, assets, and deliverables according to Purpose process.
- Support ad-hoc project needs, including supporting other internal Purpose teams and vendors (i.e. QA web development)
Internal Operations - In addition to project work, you will help keep the internal operational wheels of Purpose turning by:
- Liaising with internal teams including Recruiting, Resource Management, and Finance as needed to enable the successful delivery of project work products
- Running reports and conduct analyses as needed for internal stakeholders
- Building project successes and lessons learned into a Project Management playbook for Purpose
We think you will be a successful candidate if you:
- 3+ years of work experience in a client delivery environment (professional services, creative agencies, consulting, or SaaS implementation as examples)
- Demonstrable experience managing client projects, i.e. the development of project plans, delivery milestones, risk management, resource management, budget and financial management, etc.
- A history of successfully managing multiple internal stakeholders (such as an interdisciplinary team of different content specialists across different geographies) to deliver for clients
- Impeccable communication skills (written/verbal/visual) and the ability to be diplomatic under stress
- The ability to correctly prioritize competing needs and make the right trade-offs
- Passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, and an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills required
- Familiarity with accounting/math principles
- Flexible to evolving responsibilities and last minute changes
- A personal commitment to progressive and humanitarian values
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have:
- Spanish language fluency
- Experience in a digital agency environment
- A demonstrated track record in social sector organizing and advocacy
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.