Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilization and storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy and powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action and creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
About the Role
The Operations Assistant will work with our team to support a range of internal operations to ensure the smooth running of the office and to facilitate projects running effectively for our clients.
The Operations Assistant will have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems and oversee multiple moving pieces in a fast-paced and creative client service environment. They will have experience in supporting a team including overall office administration, internal resource allocation and contract management. They will also have experience overseeing internal tracking and report processes, including staff utilization tracking, project profitability tracking, and others.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in the expansion of our global offices and will help shape the makeup of Purpose in the years to come.
This role is a 1 year full time fixed-term employment and is based in our London office.
- Supporting administration across our campaign projects including drafting contracts, tracking invoices and supporting research
- Project and operational contract management
- Internal staff allocation management
- Administrative oversight of recruitment process
- Calendar management and scheduling
- Handling travel bookings and other travel logistics
- Searching for relevant UK government and EU tender opportunities with the support of the leadership team
- Reconciling corporate credit cards at month’s end
- General office administration including overseeing office cleanliness, ordering office supplies, groceries, team lunches etc
- Previous Operational & Administrative experience in an administrative role
- A keen eye for detail and meticulous organization skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactiveness and proven problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive company information and high level of integrity
- Bilingual fluency in a foreign language a plus
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion and qualifications for the role.
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply