Executive Assistant to the CEO
Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilization and storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart political strategy and powered by new technologies for participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audience, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action that shifts decision-makers and creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
About the Role
Purpose is seeking an Executive Assistant who will work closely with the CEO and team and provide daily support to the CEO. This role provides excellent exposure to the nuances and complexities of a fast-growing social impact organization, given the close proximity to the CEO's work. Our ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented and organized and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Your day-to-day work will include scheduling the CEO’s complex professional and personal agendas, managing the CEO’s high-traffic inbox, arranging travel logistics, and handling assorted personal tasks like ordering meals to ensure the day runs smoothly. This full time staff position is based in Purpose’s NYC office in the Flatiron district.
- Provide timely, efficient administrative support to the CEO
- Maintain regular daily communication with the CEO, ensuring close adherence to a rapidly changing calendar
- Manage the CEO’s inbox, including filtering, maintaining a daily update of all incoming emails, and flagging the most urgent or time sensitive needs
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, including heavy scheduling, on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Screen and prioritize the CEO’s incoming internal and external inquiries
- Liaise with our Partnerships team to ensure external meetings are effectively staffed
- Coordinate onsite and offsite meetings, including catering needs, briefing the CEO, material and room preparations
- Coordinate an extensive speaking engagement schedule in conjunction with speaker’s bureau
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements
- Prepare and update contact lists and relevant information on contacts
- Complete business and personal errands for CEO and family
- Work with the Purpose team to ensure appropriate briefs, notes, and clear follow-up from meetings
- Track CEO’s expenses and submit monthly expense reports
- Other administrative & personal duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-5 years of relevant previous experience, such as an executive or personal assistant to a senior staff member
- Experience managing the email inbox of a CEO or senior staff member
- Exceptional writing, listening and speaking skills
- Comfortable working with all levels of clients, visitors and employees, including senior executives
- Experience with Google Suite, including Gmail and Google Calendar
- Proficient with Mac systems and software, including Word, Excel, and ideally PowerPoint
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Remains calm and focused in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Positive, proactive attitude
- Trustworthy and able to maintain highly confidential information
- Able to anticipate needs, respond rapidly to new challenges, and adapt priorities accordingly
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion and qualifications for the role.
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply