Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilization and storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart political strategy and powered by new technologies for participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audience, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action that shifts decision-makers and creates lasting impact.
About the Role
The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the day-to-day schedule, calendar, and inbox for two Executive team members, Chief Campaigns Officer and Chief Technology Officer. The Executive Assistant will be proactive in corresponding with external contact and internal team members alike to schedule meetings and calls. In addition, the Executive Assistant will help streamline tasks for the Exec team members by exhibiting consistent inbox management, flagging and prioritizing responses to emails. The Executive Assistant will interface with external clients on a regular basis in writing and in-person and serve as a conduit between the clients and the Exec team members. The Executive Assistant will also proactively assist with monthly, weekly and miscellaneous tasks including allocation reporting, financial reporting, and travel logistics.
- Calendar management and scheduling
- Internal and external correspondence re: scheduling
- Inbox management; flagging important emails and drafting replies when necessary
- Handling travel bookings and other travel logistics
- Reconciling corporate credit cards at month’s end
- Managing allocation reporting
- Prepping meeting rooms for external meetings and greeting guests
- Where required, assist with front desk duties including answering phones and greeting visitors
- Demonstrable administrative experience
- Experience with managing calendars, scheduling, travel logistics, email inbox management
- A keen attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactiveness and proven problem-solving skills
- Experience in and commitment to the role of Executive Assistant
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion and qualifications for the role.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.