Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilization and storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy and powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action and creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking an experienced Digital Campaigner to work with our team to drive the execution of campaigns projects across email, social, and other digital channels.
The ideal Digital Campaigner candidate will have experience managing large email lists, and with writing, staging, and sending email, including segmentation, testing, and reporting. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing social media properties with large followings, including creating and updating content calendars. Ideal candidates will also have experience with paid media and placement, testing, and optimization of paid social campaigns. They will have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems and oversee multiple moving pieces in a fast-paced and creative client service environment.
This role is full-time and based in our New York office.
The Digital Campaigner will join Purpose’s Campaigns team, working on digital campaign execution across a range of client-service and funder-driven projects. As the Digital Campaigner, you will:
- Work with project teams to help identify rapid-response campaign opportunities based on what’s happening in today’s news cycle
- Participate in brainstorms to develop campaign ideas and tactics in response to these news cycle opportunities
- Work with our Strategy team to develop campaign strategies aimed at mobilizing millions to participate in creating meaningful social change
- Work with our Creative team on developing campaign opportunities, and to co-develop compelling creative campaign concepts
- Participate in brainstorms to develop creative content ideas for short films, websites and digital experiences, and on-the-ground activations
- Write, route, A/B test, segment, code, and send campaign emails to client and partner email lists
- Develop content calendars, and write individual posts, for client and partner social media properties in support of our campaigns
- You carry high personal integrity, with commitment to creating progressive change in the world
- You are a strategic thinker and have a good understanding of nonprofit and advocacy communications
- You understand the intersection of online and offline organizing, mobilization, and direct action
- You have knowledge and experience in the execution of best practices in email marketing and/or social media management
- You have 3-5 years of combined email and social media experience
- You are a talented writer, especially in email and social media formats
- You have a track record of having successfully managed large email lists and/or social media followings
- You have fluency in some (or all) commonly used tools such as BSD, ActionKit, ActionNetwork, Convio, Sailthru, WordPress, Control Shift Labs, etc.
- Basic knowledge of visual design tools (Photoshop etc)
- You have working knowledge of HTML, CSS and strong proofreading skills in code and copy
- You are a skilled writer and able to adjust to multiple style guides and sender/brand voices
- You have the right to work in the US, with the ability & willingness to travel
- You are familiar with digital campaigning and movement-building, and/or issue areas of strong relevance to Purpose’s mission
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion and qualifications for the role.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.