Senior Campaigner, Purpose Climate Lab
A creative social media strategist with great communications skills and a passion for climate advocacy.
Purpose is a home for public mobilization and storytelling on the world’s biggest issues. The world is changing and we need to change the way we think about changing the world. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart political strategy and powered by new technologies for participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action that shifts decision-makers and creates lasting impact.
ABOUT THE PURPOSE CLIMATE LAB
The Purpose Climate Lab is working on new ways to communicate and campaign on climate change by bringing together top creative, media, campaigning, data science, and technology talent to find solutions to barriers on how we tackle climate change.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Campaigner on the Purpose Climate Lab team, you will:
- Be working on campaign strategy, running experiments, monitoring metrics, and sharing data-driven results
- Develop campaign strategies utilizing compelling digital and personal tactics that move people to action
- Be part of an interdisciplinary team working with top creatives, political strategists, media experts, and tech and data gurus, committed to experimentation and forging new campaigning methods
- Convene and coordinate diverse partners to develop and execute collaborative campaigns
- Bring the best in campaign storytelling to the efforts to Purpose’s Climate Lab
- Develop innovative ways to communicate and drive engagement with new audiences
- Work with the Purpose creative team to create content including videos, graphics, and social media copy
- Support multiple campaigns from concept through execution
- Build and foster relationships with key partners working on a variety of climate-related issues
This is what a day in the life of a Senior Campaigner looks like:
- You will be developing campaign strategies and tactics that shift narratives and move people to action
- You will be producing campaign assets and tactics; writing emails, mastering social media for good, or organizing a crazy stunt. Whatever it takes -- you’ll do it.
- You will be involved in the development of creative content, including short viral films, website and digital experience, and writing copy
- You will be working in partnership with a diverse range of groups from grassroots activists, media, and some of the world’s biggest institutions
If these are things that get you out of the bed in the morning, we want to hear from you:
- Obsessively thinking about how to make the world a better place
- Obsessively asking who holds the power, why, and how we get it
- How to tell stories that stop the heart and move the mind
- The internet. What works on it, why, and how you can create the next viral hit
- Why are the things you care about not on the homepage of the New York Times and how you get them there
If you have experience in any of the above even better.